2Q19 US Earnings Season Wrap-Up
This report reviews the most recent quarterly earnings for (mostly) US-based companies in the Coresight 100, our focus list of retailers, brand owners and real estate firms.
- Apparel and footwear brands posted strong results, with seven out of eight covered companies reporting revenues that beat consensus estimates.
- About 75% of covered beauty brands and retailers saw strong year-over-year revenue growth, ranging from 9% to 12%.
- The consumer packaged goods (CPG) sector suffered due to currency fluctuations and rises in commodity prices, transportation costs and tariffs. The department store sector also struggled in the second quarter, with four out of five stores reporting negative comps.
- The apparel specialty retail sector reported a mixed quarter, while the e-commerce sector continued to post strong growth.
- REIT companies maintained their growth momentum, while luxury retailers witnessed a soft quarter.