Kroger: A Timeline of Key Events
As part of our Retailers’ Timelines series, we examine key events in Kroger’s recent history.
- In 2018 and 2019, Kroger started working with Microsoft, Ocado and Nuro in a bid to improve the consumer shopping experience.
- Kroger partnered with Microsoft to leverage its Azure cloud and artificial intelligence to introduce a retail-as-a-service (RaaS) platform to the retail industry.
- Kroger entered a strategic alliance with Ocado to build automated warehouses for online order fulfilment.
- In October 2018, Kroger partnered with Walgreens to test online order pickup at 13 Walgreens stores.
- In August 2018, Kroger partnered with Nuro to provide autonomous delivery service to customers. Fry’s store in Scottsdale, Arizona, was the first location to test grocery delivery by self-driving car.
- Kroger partnered with Alibaba in August 2018 to sell Simple Truth products on Alibaba’s Tmall Global e-commerce platform.