Insight Report 3 minutes Premium

QVC Acquires Remaining 62% Stake in HSN

Executive Summary

  • QVC parent Liberty Interactive Corp. announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire the Home Shopping Network (HSN). The deal will see Liberty Interactive, which already owns 38% of HSN, acquire the remaining 62% stake in an all-stock transaction worth $2.1 billion.
  • The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2017, subject to the approval of both the regulators and HSN shareholders.
  • The acquisition should be seen as a move to mount resistance against Amazon. Whether the combined company can gain a foothold under the threat of Amazon hinges greatly on its ability to create a quality shopping experience. Online video and content generation will also be a key area that the combined company will likely focus on.

This report is for paying subscribers only. Already a paying subscriber? Please log in to see the entire report.
If you wish to learn more about our subscription plans and become a paying subscriber, click here.