Hottest Holiday Toys 2018
In this report, we focus on the US and UK toy markets and outline some of the trends we think are going to influence toy gifting this holiday season. Six takeaways from the report worth noting are:
- In the first half of 2018, toy market revenues in the US were $7.9 billion, up 7% year over year.
- US toy market sales rose by just 1% in 2017 to $20.7 billion.
- In the UK, toy sales were down 2.8% in 2017 and generated £3.4 billion ($4.5 billion) in revenues.
- This holiday season, unicorn- and dinosaur-themed toys will dominate toy sales.
- Millennial parents are switching to throwback toys such as Little People, Barbie dolls, Hot Wheels and plush toys.
- Collectibles and entertainment licenses appear prominently on several retailers’ top-toys lists.